The weekend was a blur! One child home...cookies...conversations over an art project being finished up...two others arrived...breakfast out with family...a visit with the folks...packing up food for a road trip......and then - BLINK. All gone! They left on separate road trips!
Oh, it was hard to say goodbye so quickly! And without frequent texts, the Mother Questions started popping up all over the place:
1. Do they know road conditions?
2. Do they know where they're staying?
3. Are they safe?
4. Will they have enough money?
5. Will they stay awake to drive for so many days on end?
6. Should I have packed more food?
7. It's been several hours. Are they safe?
8. Is the car holding up? What about the hood problem?
9. Do they really know how to drive in San Francisco?
10. How about LA?
11. Are they really old enough to go alone?????!!!!!!!
Even the beautiful weather and blue skies couldn't distract me for long.
It's been three hours, Dear. Better call. =)